Sunday, July 13, 2014

My Why!



At Scentsy Family Reunion, and every training I've been to with Scentsy, the big question they always ask is "what's your why?" Why are you doing this? I thought I would share my why....
I was a teacher at Rainbow Center for communicative disorders for 3 years before having Addison. The day Addison was born, the pediatrician told us Addison had damage to her neck muscles. Torticollis. For the first month we were told to stretch and exercise her muscles, we did. At 1 month, it was decided it wasn't enough. Now, I always wanted to be a stay at home mom, but Matt was worried about the change in income. We just added a new family member to care for, how could be decrease our income?? But, it was now apparent, Addison needed therapy. Twice a week she had physical therapy at children's mercy and 3 times a week we went to the chiropractor. What full time job could I have? I became a stay at home mom, and I could take care of my daughter's needs. 

So where does Scentsy come in? I had a friend who sold this product I had only learned about at my baby shower (a warmer for the baby's room and a Scentsy buddy! Great gifts!) I watched my friend walk into my husband's work, her daughter in tow carrying a Scentsy buddy, and a woman working said "OMG you sell Scentsy??!?" And she placed a $45 order with a stranger right there. Umm I can do this. And bring in extra money. It may not make up my salary right off the bat, but we can go out to eat and not use our expected income. Something simple. 

Addison, now diagnosed with cerebral palsy and autism, still demands my constant attention and we have added more therapist to the mix. I can still work a business, for myself, and do all that I need to do. And my income can pay our monthly car payment, help pay house bills, pay for a family trip...and all I'm doing is taking my passion and love for Scentsy and sharing it with others. Who wouldn't want to be able to be with their family, and increase their friendships, help others see their why, and build a business in your name. All while smelling amazing and safe products. 
You can make this world shine!

My WHY!

No comments:

Post a Comment