Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Water a Flower, Watch it Grow

I am thankful for the triumph I see in Addison. Because of her life path, experiences and challenges, I hope she has a different perception of life. 
She has a serious diagnosis, but thanks to her early and aggressive intervention (and her smart, determined little self) she has been given a head start. She's made great strides, leaps and bounds really, no matter what has been said she may or not be or do (at 6 months of age I was told that Addison showed signs of autism and CP). But, she still is a part of the great cerebral palsy community. I hope she uses all she goes through and all she gets to experience (not only personally, but the wonderful people she meets) as a growing tool and to make a difference. For herself, and for others. 

I should add- I have met some wonderful people through this journey as well. The online family, as well as support system through family, friends, therapists, doctors, etc...it's a whole new world, someplace I never expected. No mom does. We all picture the perfect child and perfect world. I embrace the one we have been dropped into and am thankful for the good people in it with us! Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment